How to do it?
1) Go to the Anagrafe office
2) Identity card and its photocopy
3) Passport and its photocopy
4) Permit of stay (permesso di soggiorno) and its photocopy
(If these documents are expired attach a photocopy of the request for renewal)
5) Birth certificate and, if you are married, your marriage certificate: these documents must be translated and authenticated in Italian language by your embassy or consulate.
6) Owner act or loan act of your house
How does local police check the applicant’s place of residence?
After the request of residence, the local police will visit you at the address stated in the application to check that you (and your family if the application also included them) are actually living at the given address.